I'm not sure why, but i watched this far longer than I normally would a 3 second loop. Were there any special pigs after 500? I watched up to 600 and didn't see any more.
There's the Doom inviso-demon pig at 750 and the terrifying pig at 1000.
Past that, I just gave up.
It is technicly a cap. If the brim went all the way around, or there was no brim at all, then it would have been "just a hat".
That's the point.
There were lots of errors though.
1. Whenever it showed the whole stage, DK didnt move at all, despite the precence of drums and cymbols in the music.
2. Luigi was standing on the wrong side of the piano. The keyboard is on the flat side of a grand piano, the side that faced the camera in this case.
3. You showed Luigi playing piano when the instrument playing a solo was something like an oboe or some other low pitched horn. The closest thing you had on stage was Starfox and his bass, so you should have shown him instead.
4. Conker's solo section had very little trumpet in it, it was mostly xylophone or organ.
5. I'm pretty sure the insruments playing when you showed only the Toads wernt saxophones, but at least they were a horn of some type.
6. You didnt list Dr. Mario playing the Organ on the title screen, but that's a pretty minor thing.
Those are the obvious things that I noticed watching it twice. There are other more minor ones, but I'm not gonna nit-pic that much.
On a positive note, your drawings of the characters are pretty good, although I'm not to sure of your Mario. Your animation, while mainly tweens and/or angle morphs, are well done and quite smooth. The song is a good choice and came through with a very nice quality.
I hope to see more, and better, stuff out of you later.
Keep up the good work.
P.S. I think this is the longest review I've ever done. ^.^
This was one of the first games I ever played on the computer, about 15 years ago. Still just as fun now.
I got stuck on level 6, Not because I couldn't do it, but that my ball got trapped between two of the brick columns, just bouncing back and forth, never coming down.
You could deffintly make a full game of this
you should add more levels and such. The shortness of this game is its only downfall. Good choice of music, compliments to Loneroadie on his nice composition.
The game idea is one of those simple addicting games like pacman, tetris, or the original donkey kong. Get 'em hooked with a simple level or two, and as they get further it becomes progressivly harder.
Good game overall.
(If you are wondering about the low overall score, its the average of the other 6)
*whimpers* The overall score still lowers the average though...and Violence you can't really count...
I know it's simple and short...but maybe I should do a full sidescroller. What do you figure, megaman?
big problem for me
my keyboard only registeres 3 keys at a time, and this game could easily use more then that at the same time.
that really sucks I guess...but several one player games do that too. Can't fix it.
LOZ windmill theme. Sweet. I feel like 5ing all the GOs, and when I have more time downloading them and making a CD.
Nice, though your tenor seems a little off key (on the flat side). Is that one person recodered several times, or several guys singing together?
I'm goiung to download this just because it's so different from your average zelda mix.
I love the original (Paragonx9: Defcon Zero). It's my favorite out of all the audio portal front page music. However, I haven't downloaded the original, but I have downloaded this one. That alone should tell you how much I like this. Had to dock you for originaility though, since you reworked someone elses song, rather than making your own.
Defcon Zero! Thats what it is. I guess I didn't recognize it at first because I didn't know there was more to it. I'm glad you liked it so much. :D
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.